Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.
Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.
These ideas are not new. Indeed they were common sense until recently. Nowadays, though, most of the people who call themselves “conservatives” have little notion of what conservatism even is. They have been deceived by one of the great public relations campaigns of human history. Only by analyzing this deception will it become possible to revive democracy in the United States.
From the pharaohs of ancient Egypt to the self-regarding thugs of ancient Rome to the glorified warlords of medieval and absolutist Europe, in nearly every urbanized society throughout human history, there have been people who have tried to constitute themselves as an aristocracy. These people and their allies are the conservatives.
For Philip E. Agre’s full article:
- Birthplace of Lies: Temperamental v Ideological Conservatism (crooksandliars.com)
- Andy Dean: Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee Conservatism Is Dying (ontopmag.com)
- A Lack of Communitarianism and Traditional Conservatism at Heritage Foundation (themodernpaleoconservative.wordpress.com)
- “Lack Of Negotiation” should come as no surprise! (americanliberaltimes.com)
- The Danger of “Neo-Conservatism” (blogs.tnr.com)
- Think I’ll Give This Libertarian Thing a Try. We’ll See How it Goes. (okieblog.wordpress.com)