Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now, until now you’ve become the very thing you swore to destroy.
Anakin Skywalker: Don’t lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your new Empire?
Anakin Skywalker: Don’t make me kill you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy.
Anakin Skywalker: If you’re not with me, then you’re my enemy.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: [realizing that Anakin is consumed by evil and there’s no reasoning with him anymore] Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
[draws his lightsaber]
Obi-Wan Kenobi: I will do what I must.
Anakin Skywalker: You will try.
[draws his lightsaber and confronts Obi-Wan]
- “The Moral Landscape of the STAR WARS Saga” – The Jedi Order II (rosiepowell2000.typepad.com)
- Darth Vadar Is The Original Bad Guy (pulpimages.wordpress.com)
- What the New ‘Star Wars’ Movies Need: Darth Maul (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Jar Jar Binks – Ultimate Disciple of the Force (korpg.com)
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) (consumedbyfilm.wordpress.com)