Okay, here’s the scenario: First we shut down the government with no plan or exit strategy if it does not work. Okay, second phase, it ain’t working. Let’s see, send Ted Cruz to take over the troops in the house and he’ll keep them in lock step. So what’s Ted strategy? Oh, I see, he don’t have one either. Dang, how’d we get to be so stupid? Oh, right, we’re the Tea Party we own the book on stupid. So what do we do now?
Now that we’ve got everyone’s attention, it’s time to negotiate. Let’s see, we want to defund Obamacare. Oops, that ain’t gonna work either. So let’s offer to end the shutdown if they’ll agree to hold off on Obamacare for another year. What they ain’t going for that either? Jeez, who are these guys? Ain’t they ever read Donald Trump’s book ‘The Art of a Deal’?
Well, we don’t care America is with us on this! What’s that you say? They ain’t with us? Really? They don’t even like us? How can that be? What? Hold the phone! Wait just a dang minute, that ain’t possible, our masters the Koch Brothers they say they don’t like us either? But wait there’s more! We got a twofer going here. The Kochs say they agree with our buddies on Wall Street! Whoa that ain’t right. Wall Streeters are against us too? Jeez, who are these guys?
Okay guys let’s come to meeting and get our heads on straight. Let’s look at where we’re at so far. Okay, we’ve shutdown the government and almost everyone in the world thinks we’re idiots, even the Koch Brothers. Our ratings are in the toilet we have no exit strategy so let’s just declare victory and go home, let the grown ups sort it out. After all like Will Rogers said, “When you find yourself in a hole it’s time to stopping digging!”
- Bernie Sanders Terrifies the Koch Brothers By Outting Their Role In the Government Shutdown (politicususa.com)
- Boehner Abruptly Changes Strategy Following Outcry From Koch Brothers And Heritage (thinkprogress.org)
- Koch Industries Wary of Being Tainted by the Obamacare-Prompted Shutdown (theatlanticwire.com)
- Kochs Deny Role in Shutdown Plotted by Groups They Fund (my.firedoglake.com)
- Obamacare fight gets too hot for Kochs: We’re not backing GOP’s shutdown tactics (rawstory.com)