The Comanche County Democratic Party believes that Democrats are caring. We promote increased care for our sick and injured through better health care coverage; we support a just, living wage for all workers; we believe that voting should be easy, free of laws and rules that limit access to the polls and that early voting should be extended. We advocate tolerance toward all, and equality of all without discrimination based on gender, race, sexual preference, religious belief, or social status.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- MOVING AMERICA FORWARD
- REBUILDING MIDDLE CLASS SECURITY
- Putting Americans Back to Work
- The Middle Class Bargain
- Cutting Waste, Reducing the Deficit, Asking All to Pay Their Fair Share
- Economy Built to Last
- AMERICA WORKS WHEN EVERYONE PLAYS BY THE SAME RULES
- Wall Street Reform
- 21st Century Government: Transparent and Accountable
- Lobbying Reform and Campaign Finance Reform
- GREATER TOGETHER
- Strengthening the American Community
- Protecting Rights and Freedoms
- Ensuring Safety and Quality of Life
- STRONGER IN THE WORLD, SAFER AND MORE SECURE AT HOME
- Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq
- Disrupting, Dismantling, and Defeating Al-Qaeda
- Responsibly Ending the War in Afghanistan
- Preventing the Spread and Use of Nuclear Weapons
- Countering Emerging Threats
- Strengthening Alliances, Expanding Partnerships, and Reinvigorating International Institutions
- Promoting Global Prosperity and Development
- Maintaining the Strongest Military in the World
- Advancing Universal Values
Democrats know that America prospers when we’re all in it together. We see an America where everyone has a fair shot, does their fair share, and plays by the same rules. We see an America that out- educates, out-builds, and out-innovates the rest of the world. http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform
Our political system is under assault by those who believe that special interests should be able to buy whatever they want in our society, including our government. Our opponents have applauded the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United and welcomed the new flow of special interest money with open arms. In stark contrast, we believe we must take immediate action to curb the influence of lobbyists and special interests on our political institutions.
As Americans, we are bound together by more than nationality or geography. We are bound by a shared set of ideals and values rooted in the notion that we are greater together; that our collective efforts produce something better than the sum of our individual actions; and that together, rather than divided, we can overcome the greatest challenges that come our way.
The United States continues to move forward towards a future of strong and sustained growth. Thanks to the leadership of President Obama and Democrats around the country, we’re fighting back from the deepest economic crisis since the Great Depression by making investments to create jobs, grow the middle class, and lay the foundations for an economy that out-educates, out-builds, and out-innovates the rest of the world. Today, America is both stronger and safer than it was four years ago. Now, we must continue the work we’ve started so that the United States of America never fails to meet the tests of our time.