The most absurd assertion in the media coverage of the 2016 Democratic presidential race—and that’s a high bar in a year where media coverage has been monumentally absurd—is the suggestion that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton have been arguing about who is more progressive.
Sanders and Clinton are not arguing about who is more progressive. That would require them to have a shared definition of progressivism. They don’t.
They are speaking different languages that happen to use the same word. I understand this because I have watched the evolution of the word “progressive” from an expression of political radicalism to an expression of political caution.
- Activist Bob Beardon Books Church and State Citizen's United Climate Change Congress Conservatives Democrats Economy Environment Fascism Free Speech health Care History Mary Fallin Misogyny Movies Music Neoliberalism Obamacare Oklahoma Photos politics President Obama Progressives Quotes Radio Teri McGrath Terry Gresham Tom Coburn Tom Cole Uncategorized video Voting
- In Times Like These…
- These Three Things for Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Water Protectors to plant sacred tobacco in path of Diamond Pipeline
- Oklahoma Democratic Party Debate between candidates for State Party Chair
- Father John Dear Addresses Oklahoma Death Penalty Abolition Group
- Pointing Left 4 May 2017
- Pointing Left March 1 2017
- Scott Pruitt – Fossil Fuel First
- Native peoples and allies vow to stop pipeline construction in Oklahoma
- Pointing Left Radio Friday the 13th January 2017